Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Truly nice people
Recently, I bumped into a friend whom I haven't seen in a while. He is a truly nice person. These are a certain kind of people who, to me, are in a special category of their own. They are really hard to find. I can count the number that I know on one hand.
What sets them apart from others is how they can give with a truly sincere heart, without expecting anything in return. They have a childlike aura about them. There’s no scheming and hidden agendas which is sadly all too common nowadays.
They never seem to say nasty things about anyone or bear grudges towards others. Even when they are forced to say something less than complimentary, it’s with regret and as minimal details as possible.
I wonder how they could not get angry when people wrong them. Perhaps it’s because they have a different perception in life. What I may perceive as someone taking advantage or manipulating me, they may perceive as helping a friend and shrug it off as a “small matter only”.
Sometimes I wonder whether they really are so forgiving or just really good at hiding their feelings. It’s just hard for me to understand. Well, that’s probably because I’m not a truly nice person.
Here’s to all the truly nice people out there. I wish I could also be like you.
1 comment:
Like you, I know a few truly nice people. They are all without exception very very laid back, calm, quiet types. At first I thought they felt differently inside but were just very good at hiding their bad feelings. But now I no longer believe that. My experience has been that people's true feeling always leak out somehow, somewhere, even if fleeting. I am pretty sure that if I know someone for a long time and I _never_ have seen any indication of meanness, resentment, vindictiveness, then they are really, truly not harboring those bad feelings against others.
Like you, I am not such a saint.
Post a Comment