Thursday, July 26, 2007
A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care
I have been wanting to start a blog for some time. No, actually it was more a thought about wanting to start a blog. The thought was buried somewhere in my bag of good intentions... squished somewhere between the "I want to work out regularly", "I want to eat faster" and "I want to eat green veggies".
Well, everyone knows that beginnings are the hardest part. So from here on, my blogging will be smooth sailing all the way and I will write new posts as easy as consuming chocs. Ya... fat chance. Hmm... anyone wanna bet with me? But word of caution, I usually win my bets ;) Talking about bets, one of my friends (you know who you are) once betted that my footie interest would not survive >3 months.
But fear not! This will not be a footie blog... as I do not want to encourage hate mail and flames to yours truly :P This blog will be... "free-style" (meaning I have totally no idea at the moment). Anyway, let's just enjoy it for the time being.
"A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct" -- from the Manual of Muad'Dib, Dune
2 comments:
I luv Dune..I should go read it again:)
Another book you might like is Inferno, Robert Pinsky translation. As you may know, Dante wrote the original using a meter that takes too much advantage of the rhyming nature of Italian, making it nearly impossible to translate into English without either making it tortured and stilted, or go to pure prose and lose the poetic part altogether. Robert came up with an alternative, looser rhyming scheme which allowed him to use natural English and the natural rhythms of the English language. I've read it twice -- other translations, I've never been able to finish.
Post a Comment