Sunday, August 12, 2007

Football Season begins again

The 2007/08 English Premier League season kicked off this weekend. Finally, after 3 months of football withdrawal symptoms, I could get my weekly footie fix again. When season ended last May, I wondered how I would survive. But the time passed quickly enough. After the first few weekends, I hardly missed it at all.


Instead of surfing online footie news twice a day, I started going several days before checking out the latest gossip. I even started forgetting to read the newspapers. Previously, the first thing I did when I got back from work every day was to grab the newspapers and flip to the Sports section.


People always find it hard to believe that I’m a footie fan. Most thought I’m just in it for the cute players. Well, I must admit some players are really cutie-pies. But that’s not the real reason.


I like the excitement and drama of football. You never know what is going to happen. So many nail biting moments, so much disappointment, and so much ecstasy. I guess I’m just an intensity junkie. When Man Utd beat AS Roma 7-1 in the Champions League last season, I daresay I had a grin on my face for the entire day. But when Man Utd lost the FA Cup final...sigh... do not talk to me...


Watched the Community Shield match last weekend and laughed maniacally whenever Van der Sar saved a Chelsea penalty. Laughed extra hard when Lampard missed his. Found myself hopping around and cheering when the players went up to take the trophy. Ahh…let the good times begin again!


2 comments:

snowroses said...

Welcome to Blogger! All my previous comments were lost in 'importation'?

Fengel said...

Thanks! The comments couldn't be imported from previous blog. I like this site much better though.